To be responsible for calibration of all aspects of dimensional metrology (CMM operation and programming) and liaising with customers to ensure they receive a first class service.
The main accountabilities:
Undertake dimensional measurement and calibration to the correct procedures, instructions and specifications employing CMM techniques and equipment. Maintain relevant records of work, data and results in a traceable and auditable manner.
- Calibration of various jigs and fixtures with CMM machines .
- Measurement of special products with CMM machines (simple to complex).
- Operation of Mitutoyo CMM machines using MCOSMOS V3.
- Ability to read technical/CAD drawings and operate equipment to measure required detail.
- Ability to produce CMM programs (simple to complex)
- Perform regular intercomparrison and verification checks.
- Maintain the Calibration Database and filing system
- Maintenance of Calibration Certification and files
- Assist with on the job training when required
- Assist in the development and Improvement of Inspection and Calibration procedures
- Participate in external/internal audits as required by the Quality Manager within the customer/company facility.
- Ensure that mandatory and legislative QH&S/HS&E aspects of work are implemented at all times and that adequate training and dissemination of knowledge on safety and other general matters is given to staff under your control
- Endeavour to complete all work within the budgeted costs and target dates and ensure proper control and accounting of work in progress is maintained and that all information required for charging the customer is available.
Skills, Competencies and Qualifications
- Ideally technical qualification such as degree, HND, HNC, NVQ/BTEC Level 3 or above.
- Extensive calibration knowledge and UKAS certification preferred.
- Knowledge of calibration practices and theories, first principles and CMM.
- Knowledge in Windows-based and laboratory automation software.
- Experience of working within Customer focused environment