Data Intelligence Services
$100,000 – 120,000 pa
As a Senior Pre-Sales Solutions Engineer, you will be responsible for supporting one of our key global clients in the delivery of their Data Governance Services:
- Product and Services Sales Opportunities,
- Business Development Initiatives,
- Marketing Efforts,
- Thorough Discovery Processes
- Development Projects.
You will work with large, strategic sales accounts (system-level deals, large dollar value deals, complex deals requiring specific project management duties) and assist the sales teams as the technical support/pre-sales expert.
The Solutions Engineering (SE) team explains, demonstrates, and proves the value of our client’s technologies to their customers. The SE team works alongside sales executives, channel partners, and service professionals to deliver industry leading data intelligence services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide expertise and guidance on data strategy and data governance implementation, best practices, automation, solution architecture and design, use case definition, and project/program planning, your efforts will build confidence within our client’s customer organizations and lead to accelerated sales cycles and larger sales deal values
- Effectively position and present the benefits of the client’s data governance and automation products and how the solution will support the customers and or partners technical and functional requirements.
- Engage with and build relationships with prospective customers during the pre-sales process to discover, understand, and document their data-related challenges, opportunities, and desired business outcomes
- Act as the trusted advisor during the customer’s decision-making process (e.g. during the idea or conceptual stages).
- Execute complex product integration demonstrations and proofs of concept, customizing the demonstrations as necessary to address the customer’s specific needs and environment.
- Provide technical support, leadership, and oversight during Proposals, Trials, Proof-of-Concept (POCs), complex demos, etc., as warranted.
The ideal candidate for this senior position would have experience in discussing organizational goals as they relate to the enterprise deployment of academic and administrative technologies with C-level decision-makers.
The candidate will have a clear understanding of the following:
- Solutions Selling Principles,
- Data Architecture,
- Data Integration,
- ETL Processes,
- Data Lineage,
- Data Lakes,
- Enterprise Services Bus,
- Cloud-based Technologies,
- Data Governance.
Minimum Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Management or a related degree
- Must have 8+ or more years of technical integration, Data Warehousing, Data Intelligence/Data Governance industry related experience working with customers, salespeople and customer service
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working with an ETL Tool such as Informatica, Talend, IBM DataStage, Microsoft SSIS, Pentaho etc.). Preferred experience on more than one ETL tool.
- Must possess deep expertise in data warehousing, data vault, data lake dimensional modeling, and the ability to bring best practices regarding master data management, ETL, and data governance
- Experience in the related industry disciplines (i.e. Hadoop, NoSQL, SQL, ORACLE & SAP Data Governance and knowledge around the fundamentals of ETL tools and BI tools
- Experience resolving complex technical issues and integration of multiple product sets.
- Technical sales experience in software or consulting services role.
- Experience writing statement of work and responding to proposals.
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding sales quotas