As an Operations Engineer you will be required to give our customers the best in class quality service. You will provide on-site corrective/preventative maintenance and offer after-sales technical and commercial support to existing water treatment chemical customers.
Key Responsibilities will include;
- To develop and maintain good working relationships with customers.
- Provide service, chemical treatment analysis, monitoring and account management to existing customers/contracts.
- Provide Legionella control and ensure customer compliance with ACOP L8.
- Provide customer recommendations for best working practises.
- Gather information in preparation for client review meetings.
- Review site water services risk assessment.
- Gather site information and compile site log books for customers, maintain and audit
- Initiate water treatment program on new accounts and commission new dosing/control installations.
- Provide site operator training on the use of Hydrex products and Legionella awareness training.
- Completion of risk assessments work reports, and all other documentation.
- Look for opportunities and where appropriate to sell parts, consumables, plant upgrades and refurbishment work, working with the appropriate sales team.
- Feedback to customers on future product development, features and functions and show how they will add value to their business.
- Provide updates to line manager on any issues that may result in financial, reputational or operational impact on the Company, seek guidance and support as required to ensure the service provided to our customers is a priority.
Do I have what it takes?
- A HNC or degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Chemical Engineering or Chemistry qualification or similar or qualified by experience.
- GCSE or equivalent – English and Maths.
- A full UK driving license is required.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Knowledge and experience of chemical water treatment would be an advantage e.g. cooling tower management, boiler optimisation.
- Experience of having worked as an Operations/Service Engineer or in a Technical Support role or laboratory experience would be an advantage.
- Passionate about providing a first class service to our customers.
Able to handle challenging conversations with customers and find a resolution.